Lack of capital is a key reason many startups fail. Obtaining all the money you need before you launch improves your odds of success. Armed with the truth about how startup financing really works, you’ll be better prepared to succeed.
In chapter 5 of the Startup Roadmap, sponsored by FedEx, you’ll assess your startup capital needs.
You’ll determine how much money you can contribute yourself and how much you’ll need to get from outside sources. You’ll also learn more about the different sources of funding, such as SBA loans, personal loans, nonprofit lenders, crowdfunding, grants, and more. Finally, you will find out what it takes to approach a funding source and get the money you want.
Be sure to check out more chapters of The SCORE Startup Roadmap:
- Chapter 1: Starting Your Journey
- Chapter 2: Are You Ready to Start a Business?
- Chapter 3: Defining and Validating Your Idea
- Chapter 4: Business Plan or Business Model Canvas?
- Chapter 5: Finding Funding
- Chapter 6: Setting Up Your Business
- Chapter 7: Accounting, Insurance, and Legal Considerations
- Chapter 8: Marketing Your Business
- Chapter 9: Pricing, Sales, and Distribution
- Chapter 10: Setting Up Your Physical Location
- Chapter 11: Staffing Your Business
- Chapter 12: Open for Business
Starting a business may seem overwhelming, but with a solid plan, resources and guidance, you can achieve your dream. And with the SCORE Startup Roadmap, sponsored by FedEx, and your mentor, you don’t have to do it alone.